According to Rorate, this "Circus Mass" featuring circus acts, a clarinet-playing main celebrant, and belly dancers (one of them with a snake around her body) was celebrated on December 16, 2012 apparently as "fund-raising" (!) for Kinderhilfe Bethlehem, a non-profit relief organization helping the Caritas Baby Hospital in Bethlehem.
What's the best caption? You choose:
- God bless, 'em! Nothing like winning the whole world for Christ and his Church!
- At least their hearts are in the right place!
- How boring!
- The belly dancers convict me of my dire need of repentance!
- The snake has to be a phallic symbol!
- The liturgy speaks of God's transcendence and Christ's sacrificial oblation!
- My spirits are lifted!