Saturday, November 16, 2013

For the record: miracles still do happen

All my life I've occasionally witnessed and had credible friends till me about impossible cures -- cures from cancer, tumours disappearing, escapes from injury and death, and the like.

Just occasionally. Not too often.

Life goes on "normally" for months in a pattern that any reductionistic materialist would find fully plausible, and then: Wham! It happens again -- almost like little reminders not to forget that the naturalistic (anti-supernaturalist) worldview is nothing but the most fragile bubble, entirely an illusion.

Today I received an email from a good friend with just such news. The details are confidential and cannot be shared, except for the fact that it involved a disease considered incurable. After repeated Novenas to the Blessed Mother, requests for intercession at daily Mass, one spouse called the other crying for joy. Their prayers had been answered. Miraculously.
"Good Lord...

"My Lord, I am without words for the first time in my life.

"I am beyond joy and stunned like never before. All this is due solely to Jesus and Mary and that they heard and answered the prayers of this serious sinner is a mystery beyond all understanding and certainly beyond all telling.

"Such love and compassion surpasses all understanding."
Thought you'd like to know. As Pascal says, God offers enough light to give hope to the humble, but enough darkness to forestall all pride. We walk by faith. And once in a while, it can surprise you.

No comments: