- Edward Pentin, "Priestly Confraternity Grateful to Synod for Affirming Church Teaching" (National Catholic Register, November 4, 2015)
- Sandro Magister, "Synod of Discord. Toward a “De Facto Schism” in the Church?" (www.chiesa, November 4, 2015): "Dominican theologian Thomas Michelet lays bare the ambiguities of the synodal text. Which has not brought unity but has papered over the divisions. The conflict between 'hermeneutic of continuity' and 'hermeneutic of rupture.' The dilemma for Francis"
- James Martin, S.J. "Top Five Accomplishments of the Synod on the Family" (American Media, October 28, 2015)
- Dr. Janet E. Smith, "What Comes After the Synod" (First Things, November 5, 2015)
- Taylor Marshall, "My 7 Point Wish List for a Catholic Synod of Family: An Earnest Challenge for Bishops and Priests" (Taylor Marshall, November 4, 2015)
- Adferto, "RORATE EXCLUSIVE: Bishop Athanasius Schneider reaction to Synod: Door to communion for divorced & remarried officially kicked open" (Rorate Caeli, November 4, 2015)
- Theodore Davey, "The internal forum" (The Tablet, July 27, 1991) [already back then!]
- "Church, Pope, and Gospel" (The Tablet, October 26, 1991)
- "A pastoral approach to remarried divorcees. Three German Catholic bishops" (The Tablet, September 25, 1993)
- Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, "LETTER TO THE BISHOPS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH CONCERNING THE RECEPTION OF HOLY COMMUNION BY THE DIVORCED AND REMARRIED MEMBERS OF THE FAITHFUL" (Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, September 14, 1994)
- "Remarried divorcees 'must be celibate'" (The Tablet, February 20, 1999)
- Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts "Declaration: II. Concerning the Admission to Holy Communion of Faithful Who are Divorced and Remarried" (Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts, June 24, 2000)
- Christopher Lamb, "Communion: internal solution for divorcees that's already there" (The Tablet, October 22, 2015)
- Christa Pongratz-Lippitt, "Synod opened the door for those divorced and remarried, Kasper says" (National Catholic Reporter, November 4, 2015).
Thursday, November 05, 2015
The diversity of perspectives is staggering: