Sunday, January 25, 2015

Extraordinary Community News - historical ordinations, news, the Ánima Christi, Latin Mass schedule


"I will go in unto the Altar of God
To God, Who giveth joy to my youth"

Tridentine Community News (January 25, 2015):
Assumption Church Update

The Windsor Star newspaper reported last week that a major donor has stepped forward to fund the bulk of the cost of restoring Assumption Church. The Diocese of London is evaluating the credibility of the offer. Let us pray that all parties find a way to save this beautiful and historic edifice.

Ordinations in the Field

The Pópulus Summórum Pontíficum Facebook group published the below photo this past week. This intriguing scene is a mass ordination of priests at the XXXV Eucharistic Congress in Barcelona in 1952. An incredible 842 ordinations were performed that day, outdoors.


After the event took place, the Vatican prohibited simultaneous ordinations like this, presumably because of their spectacle nature. By today’s standards, such an event seems less of a liturgical abuse and more of a miraculous occasion, having so many men ready to be ordained at the same time.

Bloomfield Family Books

The Bloomfield family is well-known around metro Detroit for their dedication to Traditional Catholicism and the Sacred Liturgy. Deacon Richard Bloomfield is the area’s most experienced – and available – deacon for the Extraordinary Form. His wife Debbie is one of the most energetic and effective promoters of local Catholic events, most notably the Call to Holiness conferences. It should come as no surprise that the next generation of Bloomfields is making its own mark on the Catholic world, among other ways with some recently published books:
I’m Bernadette! by Emily (Bloomfield) Ortega is especially for Catholic girls ages 6-10. In Bernadette, they’ll meet a modern, relatable character finding her way through real world troubles in a Catholic family.

A Collection of Christmas Carols by Benjamin Bloomfield is a spiral-bound collection of sheet music of a wide variety of Christmas carols, Latin and English, many not widely known.

Sacred Art Series Rosary Meditation Book by William Bloomfield comes in two sizes, 4”x5” and 8”x10”. It is a flip book with a built-in desktop easel which contains full page color images, each depicting one of the mysteries of the Rosary.

All are available on Amazon.com.
The Ánima Christi

One of the most famous prayers in the Catholic canon, sometimes set to music, is the Ánima Christi. Holy Mother Church has enriched this prayer with a Partial Indulgence when said as an act of thanksgiving after Holy Communion.
Ánima Christi, sanctífica me.
Corpus Christi, salva me.
Sanguis Christi, inébria me.
Aqua láteris Christi, lava me.
Pássio Christi, confórta me.
O bone Jesu, exáudi me.
Intra tua vúlnera abscónde me.
Ne permíttas me separári a te.
Ab hoste malígno defénde me.
In hora mortis meæ voca me:
et jube me veníre ad te,
ut cum Sanctis tuis laudem te,
in saécula sæculórum. Amen.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds hide me.
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee.
From the malicious enemy defend me.
In the hour of my death call me.
And bid me come to Thee,
That with Thy Saints I may praise Thee
for ever and ever. Amen.
No OCLMA Mass on February 8

There will be no Latin Mass at the Academy of the Sacred Heart on Sunday, February 8. The school needs the chapel for a special event. The Tridentine Mass will resume as usual the following Sunday, February 15 at 9:45 AM.

Tridentine Masses This Coming Week
  • Mon. 01/26 7:00 PM: Low Mass at St. Josaphat (St. Polycarp, Bishop & Martyr)
  • Tue. 01/27 7:00 PM: Low Mass at Holy Name of Mary (St. John Chrysostom, Bishop, Confessor, & Doctor)
[Comments? Please e-mail tridnews@detroitlatinmass.org. Previous columns are available at http://www.detroitlatinmass.org. This edition of Tridentine Community News, with minor editions, is from the St. Albertus (Detroit), Academy of the Sacred Heart (Bloomfield Hills), and St. Alphonsus and Holy Name of Mary Churches (Windsor) bulletin inserts for January 25, 2015. Hat tip to A.B., author of the column.]

No comments: