A British wag who says he's been commissioned to compile The Pope Francis Little Book of Insults, says: "It will hit the shelf at Christmas, for £6.99, but you get a 20% discount if you insult the cash till operator with any of the following insults. My favourite is "You querulous and disillusioned pessimist!" It should not be confused with The Pope Francis Little Book of Indults, which will be published in 2014, first in Germany and then the rest of Europe."
A vew on the list are:
- "Querulous and disillusioned pessimist!"
- "Rosary counter!"
- "Long-faced, mournful funeral Christian!"
- "Self-absorbed, Promethean neo-Pelagian!"
- "Careerist Bishop!"
- "Children who are afraid to dance, to cry, afraid of everything, who ask for certainty in all things!"
- "Closed, sad, trapped Christians who are not free Christians!"
Update: And then, there's this from Fr. Z....