Monday, April 20, 2015

In case you were wondering


HERE is the reality in which I daily live my life (see below); and I post this because I sometimes get the impression that at least some readers may sometimes received the wrong impression from the tone of many of my posts.

I recently posted the following on Facebook (yes, I sometimes descend into that nefarious pit of hell to preach to the prisoners inside). Just in case you were wondering ...
The Catholic Faith is just so utterly BEAUTIFUL !!! There are so many disturbing things in the Church and in the world that I sometimes need to stop myself and let people know that the ultimate reality in which I live is so untroubled, peaceful, and saturated by God's grace that they would probably be surprised, in view of my frequent laments.

3 comments:

Scott Woltze said...

Amen. I'm right there with you!

Anonymous said...

You are fortunate. Count your blessings.

Some of us are less fortunate....


Karl

Pertinacious Papist said...

Dear Karl,

Don't get me wrong. It's an act of faith to say that Catholicism is beautiful. Much of its historical beauty may be obvious in her historical treasury of art and music and missionary ventures and charities; but much of its present beauty is besmirched by scandal and corruption, as well as misinformation.

Yet if we have faith that The Faith we share with St. Jerome, St. Augustine, St. Anselm, St. Rita, St. Francis, St. Dominic, St. Thomas Aquinas, etc., is same Faith that underlies the obfuscating clouds and gloom of so many quarters today, it's quite possible to live with all the traditional resources of The Faith even amidst the treacherous challenges of our times.