A Catholic Showdown Worth Watching, by Patrick J. Deneen. The American Conservative February 6, 2004. "The most interesting Roman split is over liberal democracy itself."This and a lot, lot more on the debate between:
- Liberalism, Capitalism & Pluralism: The Catholic Wars Continue, by Bonchamps. Scribd.com. 2/10/14. | (Discussion @ The American Catholic).
- Catholic and American (and Quirky About It), by Peter Lawler. First Things 02/11/14.
- Illiberal Catholicism, by John Zmirack. Aleteia. 12/31/13. "Catholics used to be open to the lessons of freedom from the American experience. Are we forgetting those lessons?"
- Unsustainable Liberalism, by Patrick J. Deneen. First Things
- Murry's Mistake, by Michael Baxter. America 09/23/13. "The political divisions a theologian failed to foresee."
Related: "Editorial Note: After 'reactionary', 'illiberal'..." (Rorate Caeli, January 4, 2014).