Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Transfiguration of "Spirit"

I recently went to Fr. O'Leary's blog site looking (in vain) for his commentary on Pope Benedict XVI's Encyclical, Deus Caritas Est. (Perhaps he can direct me to it, if he still has it online.) I know that Charlie Curran and others have said some pretty interesting and sometimes bizarre things about the encyclical, and I wanted to see just how far our resident rainbow sash commentator would try to push his 'hermeneutic' of the homo-eroticization of agape-love in his reading of the Holy Father's missive.

And lo and behold -- I discovered that the familiar photograph of our friend, Fr. O'Leary, had been removed, and the image of a golden Buddha substituted in its place -- either that, or the "Spirit of Vatican II" itself (himself? herself? h'or'sh'it'self?) has been transfigured and elevated miraculously into the Buddha nature! Anyone have an explanation for what happened?

No comments: