Whether or not you are a member of the Society for a Moratorium on the Music of Marty Haugen and David Haas [link], if you share a concern for preserving and promoting the well-established, time-tested, centuries-old Gregorian (Tridentine) liturgy, you may wish to join in signing the following international appeal:
"Appeal to the Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, Pertaining to the Instruction/Clarification of the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum" (http://www.motuproprioappeal.com/, February 18, 2011).As our source stated in the notice sent to us this morning: "The appeal does not presume to know or state what the actual contents of this proposed instruction are, however, in the light of the aforementioned reports, and given credible confirmations that there is reason for concern, it simply wishes to calmly and respectfully share our concern with the Holy Father about this potentiality, asking that, whatever is finally released, that the integrity of the letter and the spirit of the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum be preserved."
- "Urgent: International Appeal for the Preservation of the Integrigy of Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum" (New Liturgical Movement, February 18, 2011)
- "International Appeal in Defense of Summorum Pontificum," (Rorate Caeli, February 18, 2011)
- Fr. Zuhlsdorf, "The Instruction concerning Summorum Pontificum" (WDTPRS, January 19, 2011).
- Fr. Zuhlsdorf, "News from an Italian source about the Instruction on Summorum Pontificum" (WDTPRS, February 19, 2011).
- Fr. Z, "Request: Your ideas for an Instruction on Summorum Pontificum" (WDTPRS, January 20, 2011)
- Fr. Z, Zuhlsdorf's comments on SSPX Bp. Fellay's observations on Summorum Pontificum (WDTPRS, February 19, 2011).