"I will go in unto the Altar of God
To God, Who giveth joy to my youth"
Tridentine Community News by Alex Begin (December 23, 2019):
December 23, 2018 – Fourth Sunday of Advent
Reactions to a New Tridentine Mass Site
Those of us who are blessed to be able to attend the Traditional Mass regularly can easily forget what an eye-opening experience discovering the classic liturgy can be. Take a look at the below excerpt of a long list of reactions from the parishioners of St. Joseph, Palm Bay, Florida, to the first Tridentine High Mass held there last Sunday, December 16. This column reported on the preparations for that Mass in last week’s edition. Observations: 1) The Mass was held in a modern church, without traditional architectural features, yet the TLM speaks for itself, even in humble surroundings. 2) Such reactions are commonplace among priests and laymen discovering the Traditional Mass. A significant percentage of newcomers express similar appreciation. While we should be grateful for any new Holy Mass, such a high number of enthusiastic responses are not the norm when a new Ordinary Form Mass debuts.
Massive Holy Water Fonts Want some Holy Water? You don’t have to worry about depleting the available supply when filling your bottles at these two churches. At St. Colman’s Cathedral in Cobh, Ireland, this enormous vat stands outside ready to assist. [Note the beautiful lady!]
At the Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey, Ohio, they’re ready for crowds of pilgrims with this multiple-nozzled dispensary.
Tridentine Masses This Coming Week
- Tue. 12/25 12:00 Midnight: High Mass at Immaculate Conception, Lapeer (Christmas Day)
- Tue. 12/25: 12:00 Midnight Solemn High Mass & 9:30 AM High Mass at Assumption Grotto (Christmas Day)
- Tue. 12/25: 12:00 Midnight Solemn High Mass, 9:00 AM Low Mass, & 11:00 AM Solemn High Mass at St. Joseph (Christmas Day)
- Tue. 12/25 9:45 AM: High Mass at OCLMA/Academy of the Sacred Heart Chapel, Bloomfield Hills (Christmas Day)
- Tue. 12/25 2:00 PM: High Mass at Holy Name of Mary, Windsor (Christmas Day) - At the OCLMA and Holy Name of Mary, the choir will sing Missa Secúnda by Hans Leo Hassler, and the Communion Motet will be O Magnum Mystérium by Morten Lauridsen.
- Sat. 12/29 8:30 AM: Low Mass at Miles Christi (Fifth Day in the Octave of Christmas)