Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Thomas Blosser (1951-2006), RIP

My adopted Japanese brother died suddently of a heart attack last Thursday, March 23rd, and my wife and daughter and I drove to Birmingham for services. Tom, whose original Japanese name was Sudo Yoshiro (sirname and given name reversed, in the traditional Japanese style), was a dear friend and beloved family member who was the life of every party and loved by all who knew him. He went into a period of profound grieving after the death of his wife, Wendy Holcomb, in 1987, and fell out of touch with family members until the report of his death came to us last Friday. He was not a church-going man or a Catholic, but was a baptized Christian raised in a loving Christian home. Please pray for his soul. More details to follow in due course.

Update (Monday, April 10, 2006): I've posted a memorial for my brother, including a brief family history, on a separate page, entitled: Thomas Yoshiro Blosser.

No comments: