Monday, May 17, 2004

Snot from the nose of the Great Buddha

"I'm not making this up," says Jimmy Akin, who posted this notice from Fox News. It seems a A gooey candy is being sold in Japan that would seem guaranteed to offend almost everyone. The packaging reads--yes, it's true--"Snot From the Nose of the Great Buddha" -- and the accompanying illustration shows a stylized Buddha with his finger up his nose, reports London's Daily Telegraph. Nevertheless, tourists visiting the giant Buddha statue in the town of Nara in western Japan are gobbling it up. For anyone who enjoys this kind of humor, I (being of rather perverse humor myself) can can be of some service: permit me to direct you to the funniest Japlish humor site in the universe: Engrish.com. Browse the site for a few minutes, and I guarantee you will land on your ass in hysterical convulsions.

No comments: