Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Do you love the Catholic Faith? Do you love the Lord?

In Regent Hall on Oxford Street in London, an hour-long sermon on "Living the Faith Radically" with some truly fine moments by Michael Voris (September 2, 2011). Yes it's long. Yes it lags in points. But compared to the fare you get in most AmChurch homilies these days, which would you rather have? A few fluffy Care Bear sentiments from the drive-by clergy, or an hour-long extemporaneous talk where, occasionally, the rubber hits the road, there is reality, there is clarity, and you tell yourself: Yes, THAT is why I'm Catholic. THAT is why I want to live the Catholic Faith as fully as I possibly can, with God's help. THAT is the reason for which I wish to live and die.

1 comment:

Roger said...

"Yes, THAT is why I'm Catholic. THAT is why I want to live the Catholic Faith as fully as I possibly can, with God's help. THAT is the reason for which I wish to live and die." YES