Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ted Nugent to run for governor?

From Detroit and known as the "Motor City Madman," Ted Nugent, who has performed nearly 6,000 concerts in his career and plans to release his 32nd album, "Love Grenade," on September 4th, contemplates following celebrities such as actor Arnold Schwarzenegger or wrestler Jesse Ventura, and running for governor of his home state. According to a recent article sent me by son, Christopher ("Ted Nugent May Run for Gov. of Michigan," NewsMax.com, Aug. 20, 2007), "Ted Nugent is exuberantly excited most of the time, but he grows even more animated when asked if he ever tires of playing 'Cat Scratch Fever,' the 1977 hit he's played thousands of times in a 40-year career. He shouts repeated obscenities, then picks up a guitar and plays part of both 'Cat Scratch Fever' and his 1975 song "Stranglehold" with unbridled enthusiasm." One wonders what he would be like in political office. Taegan Goddard’s "Political Wire" quoted the Miami Harald two years ago on his political platform:
"To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
According to Goddard, he is most recently the author of Kill It and Grill It. Wonders never cease.

No comments: