"Thanks to birth control pills and other hormonal contraceptives, a growing number of women are taking the path chosen by 22-year-old Stephanie Sardinha. She hasn't had a period since she was 17."Fair enough. But what's to prevent, in ten or twenty years (with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight), a mounting silent epidemic of women's cancers coercively 'outing' studies of 'irrepressible data' linking hormonal contraceptives with carcinogenesis?
(1) BBC News: "Pill increases breast cancer risk: Women who have taken the contraceptive Pill at any stage in their lives have a slightly increased chance of developing breast cancer, research shows."
(2) Chris Kahlenborn, M.D., Breast Cancer: Its Link to Abortion and the Birth Control Pill:
(3) Overview: Breast Cancer and the Pill, by Chris Kahlenborn, M.D.
- "Overview: Breast Cancer and the Pill," by Chris Kahlenborn, M.D.
- Review of Kahlenborn's book on Human Life International
- Review of Kahlenborn's book on Amazon.com
- American Life League (Click on "COMMUNIQUE")
(4) How do the Pill and Other Contraceptives Work? by Chris Kahlenborn, M.D.
(5) CancerBACUP: The UK's Leading Cancer Information Service: " . . . there is a risk that the hormones (oestrogen and progesterone) in the contraceptive pill may affect breast cancer cells . . ."
(6) Contraception Information Center, The Journal of the American Medical Association: "Women who are currently using combined oral contraceptives or have used them in the past 10 years are at a slightly increased risk of having breast cancer diagnosed . . ."
(7) Breast Cancer: Its Link to Abortion and the Birth Control Pill, by Chris Kahlenborn, M.D.