- It's the Feast of the Exultation of the Cross.
- It's my birthday, as well as that of Robert Cecil, 1st Viscount Cecil of Chelwood.
- It's the anniversary of the date of the implementation of Summorum Pontificum established by His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI in 2007.
- It is the date of a meeting to which SSPX leadership has been summoned by Rome next month.
It is generally understood that this meeting will attend to the canonical situation of the Society. Pope Benedict XVI lifted the Decree of Excommunication of 1988 on January 21, 2009, leaving the canonical status of the Society unanswered. The September 14th meeting between Cardinal Levada, Prefect of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith, Msgr. Fellay, General Superior of the Fraternity of the Society of St. Pius X and his two assistants Fr. Niklaus Pfluger and Fr. Alain-Marc Nély, will consider the outcome of two years of doctrinal talks between representatives of the Holy See and the Priestly Fraternity. All Catholics are requested to pray for the intentions of the Holy Father and the good of the Church.
- Fr. Z, "John Allen on SSPX/Rome talks. Wherein Fr. Z rants," (WDTPRS, August 25, 2011).
- "SSPX: What we really received" (Rorate Caeli, August 30, 2011).
- Christoper A. Ferrara, "Removing the Vatican II Impediment" (The Remnant, September 2, 2011).