Sunday, August 09, 2020

Tridentine Community News - The Ánima Christi; Altar Servers Needed for New TLM Sites; Eye Candy from Tridentine Mass Homecomings; Tridentine Masses This Coming Week


"I will go in unto the Altar of God
To God, Who giveth joy to my youth"

Tridentine Community News by Alex Begin (August 9, 2020):
August 9, 2020 – Tenth Sunday After Pentecost

The Ánima Christi

One of the most famous prayers in the Catholic canon, sometimes set to music, is the Ánima Christi. Holy Mother Church has enriched this prayer with a Partial Indulgence when said as an act of thanksgiving after Holy Communion.
Ánima Christi, sanctífica me. Corpus Christi, salva me. Sanguis Christi, inébria me. Aqua láteris Christi, lava me. Pássio Christi, confórta me. O bone Jesu, exáudi me. Intra tua vúlnera abscónde me. Ne permíttas me separári a te. Ab hoste malígno defénde me. In hora mortis meæ voca me: et jube me veníre ad te, ut cum Sanctis tuis laudem te, in saécula sæculórum. Amen.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me. Blood of Christ, inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me. Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O good Jesus, hear me. Within Thy wounds hide me. Suffer me not to be separated from Thee. From the malicious enemy defend me. In the hour of my death call me. And bid me come to Thee, That with Thy Saints I may praise Thee for ever and ever. Amen.
Altar Servers Needed for New TLM Sites

Every time a new Tridentine Mass sites debuts – which has become a relatively frequent occurrence in the Archdiocese of Detroit of late – there arises a need for altar servers, singers, and volunteers of many sorts. Presently two new sites are in need of assistance:

Ss. Peter & Paul Westside needs altar servers for their First Saturday 9:00 AM Low Mass. The parish is considering adding additional Masses, including occasional High Masses, if sufficient servers are found. Contact Pastor Fr. Jerry Pilus if you can help.

Holy Family Church in Detroit needs altar servers for its 12:00 Noon Low Masses on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Contact Pastor Fr. Paul Ward if you are able to assist.

Eye Candy from Tridentine Mass Homecomings

In recent months there seems to have been an abundance of beautiful historic churches around the world hosting the Traditional Mass for the first time in decades. This is most fitting, considering that their ornate architecture was intended to complement the ceremonies of the immemorial Mass. One particularly eye-catching recent photo was of the first TLM celebrated at the Cathedral of St. Maurice in Angers, France. One gets a sense of something at long last coming home.


Tridentine Masses This Coming Week
  • Tue. 08/11 7:00 PM: Low Requiem Mass at Holy Name of Mary, Windsor (Daily Mass for the Dead)
  • Sat. 08/15 8:00 AM: Low Mass at Miles Christi (Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary)
  • Sat. 08/15 8:00 AM: Solemn High Mass at St. Mary of Redford (Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary) – Marian procession follows, with relics of Our Lady’s house, St. Louis de Montfort, and St. Maximilian Kolbe.
  • Sat. 08/15 10:00 AM: High Mass at St. Matthew, Flint (Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary)
  • Sat. 08/15 11:00 AM: High Mass at St. Joseph (Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary)
  • Sat. 08/15 7:00 PM: Solemn High Mass at Assumption Grotto (Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary) – Held at the outdoor grotto with candlelight procession following.
[Comments? Please e-mail tridnews@detroitlatinmass.org. Previous columns are available at http://www.detroitlatinmass.org. This edition of Tridentine Community News, with minor editions, is from the St. Albertus (Detroit), Academy of the Sacred Heart (Bloomfield Hills), and St. Alphonsus and Holy Name of Mary Churches (Windsor) bulletin inserts for August 9, 2020. Hat tip to Alex Begin, author of the column.]

No comments: