Thursday, February 22, 2007

Cancer gone

Regarding a friend who had asked for prayer earlier, I received the following report yesterday.

The writer says that she just got off the phone with her sister, who had been diagnosed with cancer of the uterus around the middle of last year. She says that her sister had undergone several surgeries, which did not help. She was scheduled for a major surgery to have the entire uterus removed around the beginning of February, but her daughter had to have an urgent ear surgery, so she had it postponed until later in February.

She had some tests done before her hysterectomy. "She had some tests done beforehand, I mean a LOT of tests done." But then, when she was in for some tests preceding her surgery, "she was just told now that the cancer is gone!!"
"They have never seen this happen before, and have been almost embarrassed to tell my sister ... ."

"First my sister (who is not a big believer) said they must have messed up the result with me and someone else...

"I told her that we have been praying for her almost every day and it was all Gods work. She got quiet in the phone and said 'I think you are right please pass on my gratefulness to all the people there has been praying'."

". . . Thank you God for healing my sister and thanks to you all for praying."
Comment:

It's always interesting to watch people react to news such as this. You can see perspectives animated by antithetical assumptions peeling away from eachother like pieces of Velcro tearing loose from a previous comfortable adhesion.

Praise be to God!

[via M.F.]

No comments: